Friday, July 27, 2012

Mind over matter (Thought #11)

Okay, so I literally have no excuses whatsoever for why I haven't posted in... uh... 4 months? To be honest, my brain is only now simmering down to an acceptable temperature and size to reflect upon life, simply because going from 6th grade to 9th is not as easy as it sounds. Also, I was completely incapable of thinking of any good ideas for this blog.

So, here. You know, that concept of "waves" that some people talk about, many people scoff at, and the majority of people wonder about? Positive waves, negative waves, it doesn't all narrow down to that. Ever arrived at a party and immediately felt oppressed by the feeling that everyone around you is either drunk or high? Or just felt that the "mood" didn't feel right? I know a good portion of my schoolmates have, as have I, not exactly a pleasant experience unless, of course, you're the drunk one, and even then. Waves are kind of the same idea as the mood in a room or even the way animals can smell fear. It's more like a sixth sense than a smell, although I do know that, scientifically, strong emotions DO have subtle smells that seep through our skin.

Speaking of science, the ongoing scientific debate on that sixth sense or lack thereof is quite a strange one. To be honest, there isn't much of an argument against it that doesn't sound like "well, it's simply illogical and impossible! " and there isn't much of an argument for it either, unless you want to hear "most people experience it, though." That is most likely because no survey will ever be close to accurate, because one cannot just answer a survey question that 1. digs into a sense that one is not necessarily comfortable with or used to and 2. will probably look like this: "have you ever felt this weird feeling where there's a kind of mood in a place but you can't really put your finger on it?" And, let's face it, most people won't admit that they do because their narrow mind is set on rationalism.

I don't really think it's for nothing that people say we only use 10% of our brains. What if 20% is being able to know people's feelings, 30% is reading minds and telepathy, 40% is telekenisis, 50% is communicating with all living things, 60% is self-telekinesis (flight), 70% is the complete control of your body (including your heart, hormones, antibodies...) which allows you to evolve easily into a life form that adapts to your environment, 80% is safe light-speed travel, 90% is an infinite strength of mind and strength of body, and 100% is... the ultimate being.

It could be. Nothing proves it. Nothing proves against it either. I can think of nothing that scientifically proves that we can't move an object that we are not touching (or breathing on) without help. For examples, there are many stories (most are true) of voodoo and black magic practice, cursing people... Most think it's ridiculous, but what if it isn't? I mean, WHO hasn't had an inexplicably horrible day, for no reason at all? It's not necessarily a curse, maybe just the result of a person's wishful thinking, or karma. Oh, and karma, who can explain that? Literally no one.

Those reports of ghost-spotting aren't always coincidental either. Of course, a gust of wind moving a coat in the wind could look like the Grim Reaper, but there are people who say they constantly see spirits, ghosts, or whatever you want to call it. So, really, we're surrounded by what we still call "supernatural occurrences," despite the fact that I think they're completely natural, and we choose to ignore them and call them coincidences. Don't you think that's a hell of a lot of coincidences, since it pretty much happens all the time? Okay, I'm not here to start a debate or impose my opinion. I just think it's ridiculous to ignore the obvious (okay I'm done).

Personally, I think it is only the narrow-mindedness of humanity that prevents it from truly evolving. Despite our relentless focus on technology, we focus too much on developing our current intellect, which is stuck on a sad, saad 10%, and it is not by putting all our faith in what we call "science" which, to be honest, can only explain the basics of our existence, that we will evolve in our minds. This is not at all a hate speech on science, by the way. I LOVE science, it is my passion, and I intend to spend the rest of my life working with it. All I am saying is that science can only do so much before our minds' potentials go beyond it. Maybe by the time we've evolved, we can then create new technology that adapts to our "new minds," but that could take a few million years, since we're not done with current, basic science.

Until then, I will write more often, for humanity's fledgelings!
PS: uh, I WILL be in an Internet-less place from July 29th to August 10th... I will TRY to go to the Internet café, but I am so damn lazy that I don't know if I will... Although my friend has Internet over there so I'll try... Okay... Have fun evolving over summer reading and sunny vacation!

2 comments:

  1. Hmmmmm. I'll follow up on that on my blog. You're actually making me think Antemortem! WHY?!?!?!?!?

    ReplyDelete